"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke."—Steve Martin
Become the funniest person in the room! With Comedy Writing Secrets, 2nd edition, you can master the fundamentals of humor writing and turn your comedic talent into a well-paying pursuit.
For more than a decade, Comedy Writing Secrets has been giving aspiring comedians a leg up on the competition. In this expanded new edition, Mel Helitzer, named the "funniest professor in the country" by Rolling Stone magazine, and funnyman Mark Shatz pack in even more insight and instruction, including:
- Humor writing exercises to punch up your jokes
- Extra information on writing for sitcoms and stand-up
- Comedic brainstorming techniques using associations and listings
- Exclusive tips for writing humor for specific markets like editorials, columns, speeches, advertising, greeting cards, t-shirts, and more
- Used Book in Good Condition