Everything you need to do your taxes with ease.
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
*Exclusive* Imports Your Investment Info
Saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
Helps You Accurately Report Investment Sales
Walks you through reporting sales of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Automatically calculates capital gains/losses and keeps track of those that carry over to future tax returns.
Determines Your Cost Basis
Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales, in three easy steps.
Helps with Employee Stock Plans
Guides you through reporting sales and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or different prices.
Shows you how to increase your 401(k) contribution without decreasing your take-home pay.
*Exclusive* Helps You Find Every Rental Deduction
Finds over 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance.
*Exclusive* Shows Your Best Rental Depreciation Method
Simplifies reporting rental property depreciation and shows which depreciation method will get you the biggest tax deduction.
Maximizes Refinancing Deductions
Guides you through deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more so you don’t miss a single chance to save.
Helps with New Rental Properties
Shows you step by step how to set up new rental properties.
Feel Confident Your Taxes
Also includes everything in Deluxe:
Finds All Tax Deductions and Credits You Deserve to Get Your Biggest RefundMaximizes Your Tax Deductions
Asks simple questions about your income, family situation and changes in your tax situation and credits. Then, based on your answers, searches for more than 350 deductions and credits to get you the biggest tax refund—guaranteed.
Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go
Shows you which deductions you’ve taken. Which deductions you haven’t. And tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
Gets You the Maximum Deduction for Donations
ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity–no more guessing. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Handles Your Life Changes
Changed jobs? Got married? Bought a home? Had a baby? TurboTax guides you through common life changes, explains how the changes will impact your taxes, and tells you what you can deduct.
Helps with Medical Expenses
Does all the math and tells you if you qualify to deduct your medical expenses for maximum tax savings.
Why TurboTax Premier is the easiest choice for you ...
TurboTax Premier was designed to help you make the most of your investments and rental property deductions, so you get the biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Premier if any of the following apply to you:
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Home & Business. It has everything in Premier, PLUS expanded guidance to help you maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Helps You Reduce Audit RiskTracks Your Audit Risk
Audit Risk Meter™ checks your tax return for common audit triggers. Shows whether your risk is high or low. And provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
Includes Downloadable Audit Support Center
Gives you step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know and do if the IRS contacts you.
Also Available: Audit Defense
Provides full-service representation by a trained tax professional. You will never have to meet with the IRS, unless you want to.3
Does the Hard Work for YouAsks Easy Questions, Tailored to You
Guides you step by step through your tax return and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. Skips interview questions that don’t apply to you, so you can finish your return faster.
TurboTax guides you through your taxes like a GPS,
with extra help for first time users.
|Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info |
Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms. A brief summary lets you review and edit downloaded information if necessary.
Transfers Last Year’s Tax Info
No retyping necessary. Fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. Shows you what you’re importing and where it goes in your return. You can also import from other tax software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut.
*New* Imports a PDF of Last Year's Tax Return
Easily imports prior year tax data/documents from TurboTax, other tax software brands4 and tax stores.5
Imports Your Financial Data
Imports information from your financial software (including Quicken®, QuickBooks® 2007 and higher4, and Microsoft® Money) so you can skip the cut and paste this year.
Makes it Easy to Hold Your Place
Flag areas in your tax return so you can get back to them easily.
Start your return and efile with Turbotax today.
Intuit will submit your return when the IRS starts
accepting them on January 14, 2012. The IRS
will email you a confirmation within 48 hours.
Provides Help and Advice When You Need ItLive Tax Answers
Get live answers online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in our Live Community2. Plus you’ll have instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
Straightforward Guidance & Advice
Find help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas and helpful examples when you need them.
Not sure how to answer a tax question? We’ll guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even easier.
Explains Your Return
Shows you a summary of your return, including income, tax, credits and payments so you know your taxes are accurate. Provides recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year.
FREE Technical Support
Got a software question? No problem! Get answers from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix ThemSmart Check™ Scans for Mistakes
Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
Guaranteed Accurate Calculations
If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
Keeps You Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Laws
With a single click you can check for updates each time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. No more disruptions while you work on your return.
Get Your Refund Faster with Included Federal Efile
Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time
Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Our Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
Federal Efile Included
Get your refund in as few as 8 days with efile and direct deposit. Free federal efile is included with TurboTax at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, we’ll automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
New Options to Get Your Refund Fast
Direct deposit your tax refund on a TurboTax Refund Card, a reloadable Visa prepaid card that can be used everywhere Visa debit is accepted. Or put your refund on a prepaid card you already have.
Which TurboTax is Right for You? Click to enlarge.
1. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile of up to 5 federal tax returns. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns ($19.95). State e-file is an additional fee. E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns. All prices are subject to change without notice. 2. TurboTax CD and Download users must have Internet access to interact with the Live Community. 3. Service provided by TaxResources, Inc.; additional fees apply. 4. Windows Only. 5. Documents must be imported in electronic (PDF) format. 6.Based on 2009 reported company and survey data for personal returns. Actual savings vary based on tax situation. 7. Live tax advice service is free and available by phone or chat through 4/30/12 for questions on 2011 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Supported OS:Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Pro with Service Pack 3 or higher; Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate; Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Administrative rights required to install and run TurboTax.
- Processor: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor
- RAM: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: Federal Products: 500 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 if not already installed)
State Products: 15 MB
Federal plus State Products: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 if not already installed)
- Monitor: 800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
- Internet Connection (Required): 56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection recommended)
- Other Software: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer)
Adobe Reader 8+
- Guides you step-by-step through investments and rental property income
- Assists with stocks, bonds, mutual funds and employee stock plans
- Provides extra guidance for rental property income, expenses and refinancing
- Includes Free Federal E-File
- Plus, includes a download of one TurboTax State product
- Free one-on-one expert tax advice live by phone or chat
- Includes Free Federal E-File and one download of a TurboTax State product