The iPhone has quickly become the best selling single mobile device in the world. The iPad created an entirely new category of mobile hardware. Every day hundreds of thousands of consumers download apps from the iOS store. Every recognizable brand, publication and product has a presence on the store as well. It's time for you to get in on the action and learn iOS Development now. This course features over four hours of video instruction, numerous lab exercises and dozens of code examples all designed to get you creating your own iOS Applications that run either on the iPhone, the iPad or both! This 10 chapter course starts with the basics of iOS development teaching you how to create iOS user interfaces, and tie those to Objective C code. The course also discusses critical concepts such as permanent data storage, audio and video and the WebView container. Each chapter includes several entertaining and informative lectures, code examples and a lab exercise designed to help you integrate and retain the concepts presented. This course was designed by master instructor Mark Lassoff, who has taught iOS development from coast to coast to clients including B&H Photo, Farmer's Insurance and federal government agencies. This course assumes knowledge of the Objective C programming language. If you are not familiar with Objective-C start with our Objective C For Beginners course.
- Over five hours of dynamic video lectures demonstrating iOS features
- Learn the basics of creating native apps on iOS for iPhone and iPad
- Learn to navigate and use the Xcode development environment
- Interact with the iOS hardware to take pictures, and play audio and video content
- Learn how to develop single apps that run on both iPhone and iPad